ASP Ultra Cuffs are a National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA) “Member Tested and Recommended” Gold Award Winner
The Rigid Ultra Cuff features a unibody frame that minimizes subject mobility. The frame is contoured to provide the officer with a proper, natural tactical grip for rapid application, as well as the ability to maintain control and compliance once the restraint is applied.
ASP’s exclusive Ultra Cuffs represent the most significant advances in restraint design in more than a century. These handcuffs were designed, tested, revised, re-tested and perfected in the field, with input from officers and tactical instructors around the world. The result is a restraint system with materials, construction and a feature set that simply can’t be found in any other handcuffs:
- Forged aluminum frame: Forged from 7075 T6 ordnance-grade aluminum, the Ultra Cuff frame is rigid and incredibly strong, yet lightweight. Forging—as opposed to the stamped steel parts found in other restraints—also eliminates rough or sharp edges; the smooth, rounded Ultra Cuff frame is more ergonomic, and safer for both officer and subject.
- Conical, flat contact bow: The geometry of the bow fits a wider range of wrists, and a flat contact area improves application speed and accuracy. Bows are also highly radiused, to prevent injury. Ultra Cuffs are available with either steel bows or aluminum bows, to lighten the load even more.
- Dual-sided, single-turn keyways: Ultra Cuffs feature keyways and double lock slots on both sides of the frame, and both the primary lock and double lock are released by turning the key in a single direction. Double lock slots feature colored indicators that provide instant recognition of lock status. All of these features add up to making cuff application, adjustment, double-locking and removal faster and easier.
- Replaceable Lock Sets: The lock assemblies are unitized and replaceable. This allows them to be field-serviced when needed, and provides the unique option to change Lock Sets to suit different agency preferences, or to switch to a high-security configuration.* The construction of the Lock Sets, and their placement within the forged frame, also makes them highly-resistant to shimming.
- Transport Kit compatibility: The channel in the middle of the Rigid Ultra Cuff frame provides compatibility with ASP’s award-winning Transport Kit, available separately.
We recommend adding our specially-formulated Glide Baton and Cuff Lubricant to your order, to keep your gear in peak operating condition.
*IMPORTANT: 2 Pawl High Security cuffs require a special key, and will not open with a standard handcuff key.ASP Quick Look - Ultra CuffsASP Quick Look - Rigid Ultra CuffsASP Training Room - Ultra Cuff Lock Set ReplacementASP Training Room - Buying a Better HandcuffASP Training Room - Selecting Your HandcuffASP Quick Look - Transport Kit
- About Us
- Factory Store