ASP Ultra Cuffs are a National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA) “Member Tested and Recommended” Gold Award Winner
ASP’s exclusive Ultra Cuffs represent the most significant advances in restraint design in more than a century. These handcuffs were designed, tested, revised, re-tested and perfected in the field, with input from officers and tactical instructors around the world. The result is a restraint system with materials, construction and a feature set that simply can’t be found in any other handcuffs:
- Forged aluminum frame: Forged from 7075 T6 ordnance-grade aluminum, Ultra Cuff frames are rigid and incredibly strong, yet lightweight. Forging—as opposed to the stamped steel parts found in other restraints—also eliminates rough or sharp edges; the smooth, rounded Ultra Cuff frame is more ergonomic, and safer for both officer and subject.
- Conical, flat contact bow: The geometry of the bow fits a wider range of wrists, and a flat contact area improves application speed and accuracy. Bows are also highly radiused, to prevent injury. Identifier Ultra Cuffs feature steel bows; non-Identifier models are available with either steel or aluminum bows.
- Dual-sided, single-turn keyways: Ultra Cuffs feature keyways and double lock slots on both sides of each frame, and both the primary lock and double lock are released by turning the key in a single direction. Double lock slots feature colored indicators that provide instant recognition of lock status. All of these features add up to making cuff application, adjustment, double-locking and removal faster and easier.
- Replaceable Lock Sets: The lock assemblies are unitized and replaceable. This allows them to be field-serviced when needed, and provides the unique option to change Lock Sets to suit different agency preferences, or to switch to a high-security configuration.* The construction of the Lock Sets, and their placement within the forged frame, also makes them highly-resistant to shimming.
- Colored Identifier bands: These permanent structural components provide instant visual recognition, to help differentiate property between agencies or officers. Some officers use color-coding to aid in subject identification in notes and reports.
Ultra Plus Cuffs employ innovative technologies that are available only from ASP. These are full featured restraints that were specifically designed to “Lighten the Load” of the officer or agent. They provide exclusive features that increase both performance and safety.
*IMPORTANT: 2 Pawl High Security cuffs require a special key, and will not open with a standard handcuff key.
If you prefer traditional, key/pin-actuated double locks, check out the original Ultra Cuff variant of this restraint here.ASP Product Tour - Ultra Cuffs https://youtu.be/j2KjpVicfAIASP Training Room - Ultra Cuff Lock Set Replacement https://youtu.be/G0nuEzc4c4MASP Training Room - Buying a Better Handcuff https://youtu.be/kU_WI404TPsASP Training Room - Selecting Your Handcuff https://youtu.be/sCyVAEy4Ik8ASP Training Room – Plus Lockset Replacement https://youtu.be/zUALkfuW4kE
- Pocket Tools
- Red Guns
- Training Gear
- Gift Cards
- About Us
- Factory Store