OC Spray & Pepper Spray - Introduction
OC (oleoresin capsicum) spray, most commonly called “pepper spray,” is a self defense tool that quickly, effectively and temporarily incapacitates a would-be attacker. ASP Defenders feature replaceable Inserts containing police-grade, maximum-potency OC, with a 1.33% major capsaicin formulation. The sleek, machined aluminum delivery device is compact, discreet, easy to carry and virtually indestructible. Available in two sizes: Key Defender Pepper Spray (approximately six ½-second bursts) and Palm Defender Pepper Spray (approximately three 1/2 -second bursts).
How to Use ASP Defender Pepper Spray
- Holding the pepper spray Defender like a tactical flashlight, raise to shoulder height so dispersion tip is pointing at aggressor’s face (key ring end should be closest to you).
- Effective range is approximately 3 feet, may be more or less depending on environment and conditions.
- Use thumb of gripping hand to flip safety ring up.
- Press actuator for about a half second and spray towards aggressor’s eyes, nose and mouth.
- Repeat if necessary. OC spray works very quickly on most people, and your only goal should be to get away.
Anatomy of an OC Spray Defender
Replaceable, Interchangeable Inserts
Palm and Key Defender inserts are available in "heat" or "test" versions. This allows expired or partially used inserts to be easily replaced or swapped out with inert aerosols for practice and training purposes.