Challenge Coins are many things—a reward, a form of identification, a tradition*, an honor. They carry a meaning and mystique that is well-known and respected among those who serve, and typically put the person holding the coin in elite company. The ASP Certified Challenge Coin certainly falls into that category, as it is presented upon graduation from a demanding ASP Training Program, and earns its recipient membership into a globally recognized and respected community.
*Carrying on the Challenge Coin tradition also means knowing and honoring its rites and rituals. When a challenge is offered by a coin holder among a group of peers, each member of the team must present his or her coin. Any member without a Challenge Coin must “pay penance” (coin holders know what this means). If all present their coins in response to the challenge, the person who initiated is the one who must “pay.”
IMPORTANT: ENGRAVING INSTRUCTIONS:
If you wish to use our optional online engraving option, please follow these instructions:
- Click the “+ Laser Engraving” button in the product summary box above
- Select block type and use all caps (if you do not select block type and caps, the coin will still be engraved that way, it is the only way Challenge Coins are engraved).
- Enter your last name (we recommend all uppercase letters to match our company standard). There is a 9 character limit with the online simulator—if your name is longer, contact us for personal assistance
- Push “click to see your engraving” to see what your coin will look like, and if correct, click “add to cart”
- When checking out, in the special instructions box, provide your ASP Instructor number. We will engrave this below the ASP Mission Statement "Protecting Those Who Protect,” at no additional cost—you pay only the name engraving charge.
If you prefer, you can order the coin blank and bring it to a local engraver or trophy shop to have your name and number added.